Follower

How can I hear God if I am not listening? How can I put my trust in something when I don't believe it can be trusted? How do I learn to know God more if I think I know a lot?

I will never know God too much. I can never be close enough. I have found that if at any moment I feel close enough, I never really am. I never will be.

In the midst of "figuring out" God's will, we lose track of it. God can't be figured. He can't even be analyzed. He is just God, and he is sovereign.

I am only me, and my body and this human mind of mine is only finite. Infinite and all-knowing God is the God who controls and leads my steps, my decisions and my life. I will never be able to connect the dots, because when I do, I lose the connectedness of what could have been. I could have found myself caught up in greatness... and the only greatness that I will ever find is found in the one who makes me who I am. None of it has ever been me, nor will it ever be. I am just me, but God is a God of peace, of mercy and of guidance. Only when we empty ourselves can we find fullness in the realm of real life.

So, I follow Him, and that is all I will ever do. It is all I will ever be. I am a follower, and it is the greatest identity that I could ever obtain.

Comments

Popular Posts